Caftan Pullover

Caftan Pullover

Pattern by Norah Gaughan, Interweave Knits Spring 2006

Yarn: Berroco Ultra Silk color #6111 (Used just over 13 of the 16 skeins called for to knit size 35)

Started May 6 and finished June 13, 2006

Comments: I fell head over heels in love with this pattern the moment I got this issue in the mail. I only made a few adjustments to the pattern. I shortened both the sleeves and the body by 3 inches, seamed the bottom 3rd panel of cable insert together (it pooched out in a very unflattering way) and omitted the buttons (they would have been obscenely placed). The yarn was wonderful to knit with and the pattern was fun, interesting and easy to follow. I do find that the yarn snags very easily (it's a very finely woven tube of silk over a center core) and that I have to be careful not to wear it around roughly finished wood.

No comments: