Sahara

Pattern: Sahara by Wendy Bernard purchased online from Stitch Diva Studios
Yarn: Jeannee by Plymouth Yarn (used just under 6 skeins for size small - 111 yards/skein)
Needles: Size 6 (Susan Bates 24" circular and Addi Turbo 16" circular) and 4 (Addi Turbo 24" circular and 16" Clover Bamboo)
Modifications: For the provisional cast on, I used the crochet chain method. Otherwise I made no other changes. I got exact stitch gauge with the yarn but a slightly shorter row gauge so I used the row count as written to obtain a shorter garment and it worked! I was very nervous about the negative ease, but the fit is perfect. If I made another (which I may do but with long sleeves) I think I'd make it a bit shorter in length by increasing more frequently after the waist. I would also make sure I had 2 selvage stitches on the neckline - I goofed and had 2 on one side and only 1 on the other.

Comments: This was a fun and easy knit with enough variety to keep me interested. I love the short row shaping for the sleeve caps and the side hems and the fit is exactly as expected. I wore this all day and garment held its shape throughout. The yarn was a dream to work with and very inexpensive.
I wore this without blocking and found that the sleeve seams could probably use some blocking only to keep the caps from rolling. They are a bit looser than I anticipated, even though I bound off using the same size needle and with regular tension.
Bottom line: This is definitely one sexy little knit!

2 comments:

Octopus Knits said...

Your Sahara is beautiful -- great job!

Yarn Coffee said...

i love the Sahara aka the Booby shirt! I hope you really wear it, it's very flattering! Who knew you had such a cute figure under all those big winter sweaters you make! Good job!