Coral Crossing



Pattern: "Coral Crossing" designed by Jennifer L. Appleby and featured in Interweave Knits Fall 2006

Yarn: "Peru DK Luxury" in color #03 (70% Merino, 20% Alpaca, 10% Silk) purchased at AC Moore (See more about this yarn at Knitter's Review Forum).

Size: XS (32.5)

Started October 27 and finished December 3, 2006.

Comments: I love the way the cables "pop" in this yarn and I don't know when my ribbing has ever looked so good, but there were quite a few odd slubs of pink plied into the yarn that I frequently teased out. Sometimes I didn't notice them until after they had been knit in, and it wasn't easy to disengage them. The pattern was well written and I didn't make any modifications. That said, even though I blocked all pieces to the measurements given in the pattern, it didn't fit the way I had anticipated and was a little baggy in places, although it doesn't look it in these photos. I soaked the entire sweater in cold water (very minimal bleeding) and re-blocked it, but was still unsatisfied with the fit. I have since given it away to a friend who wears it much better than I would have.

No comments: