Cabo Halter

Pattern: Cabo Halter by Amy Butler

Materials: Cotton Fabric purchased at JoAnn Fabrics (used approx 1.75 yards).

Techniques: Machine Sewing, invisible zipper installation

Comments: I like how this turned out, and the fit is as I expected. I made the "modesty" alteration recommended in the pattern and sewed the fronts together. I was happy for this alternative, not wanting to look like a hoochie mama. I had a bit of trouble with the zipper, even though this was not my first experience installing an invisible zipper (I ended up melting some of the teeth. Thankfully, I can still pull this over my head without using the zipper!!!) This pattern is better suited for an intermediate sewer with some knowledge of garment construction. The darts for my size did not line up properly (I trace my patterns onto light weight interfacing, so I know that it was the pattern, and not my mistake), and the instructions for joining the upper fronts should have made reference to the 2 markers rather than the center line. In addition, the yardage requirement printed on the pattern was incorrect, calling for 2.5 yards for all sizes. I found the correction while googling around, but it is not shown on the link to the pattern (I think it should be easier to find errata).

Despite all my kvetching, I will make another one if I wear this one.

No comments: